January 31, 2012

Book Review: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and other concerns) by Mindy Kaling


My parents recently bought me a Nook (I returned the Kindle...the nook is more User Friendly). The first book I had to read was "Is Everyone Hanging out with me? (and other concerns) by Mindy Kaling. A couple of months ago, my friend and fellow blogger Nisha recommended it to me and since reading it, I have not been disappointed. Besides being a huge The Office nerd, I am also slightly obsessed with the character Kelly Kapoor. Being half indian, I love when she discusses her relationship with her parents and her brother, it reminds me so much of my family. She brings such humor to every situation and while reading this book, I couldn't stop laughing at her ridiculous stories and lists.

Thinking back to my favorite episodes and quotes from The Office, it always seems to be related to either Kelly Kapoor or Ryan Howard. While reading her chapter about her writing experiences with the show, I didn't realize that most of the writers casted themselves in the show. The characters Kelly, Ryan, Toby and Mose are all writers! Obsessed! 

(Side Note: I am also in love with Dwight's Character... I secretly hope Rainn Wilson is like that in real life.)

So if you have any downtime from your crazy lives, I recommend getting this book to read on the train going to work or before you go to bed. It really is one of my favorites!

Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me that I have to read this!

    ReplyDelete