I started a new job in June in New York City and have been completely overwhelmed with the new lifestyle. But I am finally settled in and back to blogging! New York Fashion Week came and went in a flash. The amount of people flogging the streets wearing amazing clothing is definitely heightened during this week and I started making mental notes of all the items that I needed to buy. This list became so long that I had to stop after 5 minutes... (Shopaholics Anonymous?)
One of my favorite designers is Tom Ford.... Did you see his Spring/Summer 2013 line? The bondage detailing (a little 50 Shades of Grey huh?), the skirts with zippers (dies) and all things leather! As Rachel Zoe would say "Bananas!"
The video below is a montage to this amazing line and it really is a must see! I wonder if I could get my hair like the models?? I'm intrigued!
What are your favorite Tom Ford pieces?
Thanks for Reading!!
May 10, 2012
(H&M High Waisted Trouser Pants $19.99)
Saying that I am thoroughly obsessed with NBC's hit show "Fashion Star" is clearly an understatement, given all the items I have recently purchased. I was that crazy person refreshing my computer screen at the end of each episode trying to buy the stuff before it sold out. Here is a link to a quick synopsis if you have never seen the show.
(H&M Reversible Jacket $29.95)
(H&M Structured Dress $39.95)
(Macys One Shouldered Dress $169)
(Back: H&M Pleated Dress $39.95)
(H&M Wide Leg, Low-Rise Trousers $24.95)
(H&M Blazer with Lace Details $39.95)
Hope everyone is having a great start to their summer!!
April 21, 2012
People Magazine is an obsession of mine and one of my book-marked pages. I have recently been stalking their style section to gain some trend inspiration. I have recently been doing a lot of clothing posts because I am in the market for basically a whole new work-appropriate wardrobe. My closet is currently filled with sequins, bright colors and well more sequins... Here are some of the leading ladies that have been inspiring me!
(Bohemian-Inspired, Neutrals and Statement Pants)
(Structured Blazers, Splattered Dress, Ombre Hair)
(Color Blocking, Chic Pony, Black Sheer Tights)
(Pop of Neon, Pink Lips, Green Beaded Dress)
What's been inspiring you lately?
Thanks for reading!!
April 9, 2012
When I saw this in people magazine, I was instantly inspired. Besides the fact that Michelle Obama is always impeccably dressed, I really love her fashion risks. Therefore, I want to try to mix and match unlikely colors, prints and materials.
How do you feel about this trend?
Thanks for reading!!
April 1, 2012
(A Pop of Neon)
I am starting my first "big girl" job in NYC in June and I am on the hunt for some great new work clothes. I hope to have a new wardrobe that is professional, chic and on trend for the summer! Here is what has been inspiring me lately...
(A Bold Blazer)
(A Statement Dress)
(Soft Mint Green)
(Crocheted Shoes... for long walks to and from the office)
What are you inspired by?
Thanks for reading!
March 15, 2012
Spring is right around the corner and my wish-list is getting longer...
1. Elizabeth and James Cat Eye Sunglasses: $155 I am liking the cat-eye sunnies trend; a nice homage to the 1960's.
2. J.Crew Palma Suede Platform Wedges: $178 Pastel shoes? How about pastel anything! A staple to spring... pastels enhance your tan and are perfect when the flowers are in bloom.
3. Nanette Lepore Eye Candy Dress: $328 In the tri-state area, spring usually lends to a slight wind and temperatures in the low 70's. Therefore a long sleeve chiffon dress is just what you need when going to class or running errands.
4. Vince. Slim Jeans: $225 Lastly, it is just about time to bring back the white! White jeans, white tops and white sandals.
1. Oversized Cat's-Eye Sunglasses: $19.99
2. Peep-Toe Platform Wedge: $27.97
3. Cherry Bow Dress: $39.99
4. Pencil Jeans: $42
Thanks for reading!
March 9, 2012
Spring Break is finally here! I leave tomorrow for Florida and I am SO excited to go to Disney World. Here are some attractions I want to be first in line for:
1. Cinderella's Castle: Besides my dream of living in Cinderella's Castle (even if only for a night), it is the biggest staple of Disney World. I can't wait to watch the fireworks at night.
2. The Dumbo Ride: Well, this is more sentimental than anything. My mom said as a child I wouldn't ride it unless I sat in the green Dumbo. Therefore, I'll have to wait for the green one again this time =)
3. It's a Small World: Again a huge staple for Disney and such a nice relaxing ride after a long day in the sun.
4. Splash Mountain: Nothing says log flume like Splash Mountain. I remember it being the longest flume I have ever been on and having a story to go along with it.
5. Voyage of the Little Mermaid: The Little Mermaid was my favorite disney movie as a child and this new attraction looks incredible. I researched it on the internet and its a 15 minute show. So fun!!
6. Getting Pictures with my favorite characters and princesses: Jasmine, Ariel, Belle, Minnie.... I can't wait!